The EPA has a new Q&A available that answers the following questions:
- Is drinking tap water safe?
- Do I need to boil my drinking water?
- Is tap water safe to use for hand washing?
- What should I do If I’m concerned about my drinking water?
- Do I need to buy bottled water or store drinking water?
- What is EPA’s role in ensuring drinking water remains safe?
- Can I get COVID-19 from wastewater or sewage?
- Do wastewater treatment plants treat COVID-19?
- Will my septic system treat COVID-19?
“Can the COVID-19 virus spread through drinking water?
The COVID-19 virus has NOT been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”